Shayne Neumann was born and raised in Ipswich and lives at Flinders View with his wife Carolyn, and their daughters Alex and Jacqui.
Shayne commenced his working life at the Dinmore meatworks. He completed his education at the University of Queensland with a Law Degree and an Arts Degree majoring in government and economics.
Shayne was a Partner in a successful law firm before becoming elected to the Federal seat of Blair in November 2007. He was then re-elected in 2010, September 2013 and July 2016.
In March 2013, Shayne was appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Attorney-General and Parliamentary Secretary for Health and Ageing.
After the 2013 Federal election, he was appointed Shadow Minister for Indigenous Affairs and Shadow Minister for Ageing. In 2016 Shayne was also appointed Shadow Minister for Northern Australia.
Following the 2016 Federal election, Shayne was appointed Shadow Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.
Shayne has a deep commitment and understanding of health, indigenous affairs and infrastructure issues. He is committed to an industrial relations system that gives working families in Blair fair workplaces.
Shayne has served on various Parliamentary committees,
- House of Representatives Standing: Legal and Constitutional Affairs (19/2/08 to 19/7/10);
- Petitions (19/2/08 to 17/6/09);
- Employment and Workplace Relations (17/6/09 to 11/2/10);
- Health and Ageing (11/2/10 to 19/7/10);
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs (25/10/10 to 14/5/13);
- Social Policy and Legal Affairs (25/10/10 to 14/5/13);
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit (18/2/08 to 19/7/10) and (6/2/13 to 14/5/13) and
- the Joint Select: Gambling Reform (21/10/10 to 13/2/13).
Shayne is a voracious reader and enjoys keeping fit by running and going to the gym.
Last updated: 23/07/2016